So earlier on the week I was nominated for the Liebster award by the wonderful Ambition in the city blog check out the inspiring blog here .
This nomination really did bring sunshine into my life as the rain was still steadily falling in Brisbane.
Rules of the Liebster Award:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to their blog. Check 🙂
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 bloggers who you feel deserve to be noticed. These blogs must have 200 followers or less. Leave a comment on their blog to let them know they’ve been nominated by you.
4. Copy and paste the blog award on your blog. Post all the items listed in item 2 on your blog also.
The 11 Questions asked of me are:
1.Whats the best book you’ve read recently?
The most recent book I read was ‘Brida’ by Paulo Coelho (one of my favourite authors) and while my all time favourite book is his book “The Alchemist” this book was beautiful to me, as it was about soul mates, about following your own path in life, remaining true to the person you are and want to be and about living out your destiny by following the path to get there.
2.Why do you blog?
I started blogging as I just love to express myself through my writing, I started with my other blog http://wasitalladream.wordpress.com/ but as that is predominately a travel site I needed another outlet in-between trips so I created this site. I love the feeling that my experiences are helping people, my honesty is reminding people that they are not alone – if my words can touch just a few people then to me that is the most beautiful gift I can give.
3. What have you learned recently that you would like to share with others?
Talk, talk and talk – and do it in person. Don’t let problems go unresolved, and never fail to recognise how much can get lost in translation over texts or emails.
4.If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go and why?
Wow I would go everywhere I love to travel, I love to explore. I have been fortunate to visit many places, yet there are many more I am yet to see. Right now my focus is on South America a place where I can dance to latin music, where my skin tingles at the thought of it, a place where I imagine feeling free and beautiful and sun-kissed and alive and totally uninhibited.
5.What would you say is your greatest accomplishment in life thus far?
Learning to love myself, to learn from my mistakes and constantly be moving forward in life.
6.What is your favorite childhood toy?
I had a little pink bunny I called night-time – yep I was ridiculous even from a very young age.
7.What’s your favorite season?
Definitely summer I love love love the heat, I do love Queensland in the Autumn though easter time when the waves are small the sky is bright blue the breeze is light and the days in my mind are perfect – I have many happy memories from Easter holidays.
8.What’s one or your favorite family traditions?
Well I am not sure you can call family dinners where we just talk eat laugh and drink and talk cr@p a tradition but they are some of my favourite moments in life and I hope they never end.
9. What’s one of your favorite guilty pleasures?
Just one ? haha -hmmm I love foot rubs from my husband – I am very spoilt! I love to get my hair done as well.
10. What did you have for dinner?
Well at the risk of being modest I excelled myself last night – Grilled Salmon (with crusted with cumin, coriander, sesame seeds, thyme and pepper) grilled asparagus with flaked almonds, sweet potatoes with ginger and soy, mashed potato with my special ingredients 🙂 de-fricken-licious!
11.What do you want to be when you grow up?
So according to my mum first thing I wanted to be was a bus driver as I had this little green kombi type bus thing with love heart windows and I just wanted to drive a bus like that and travel around all the time, then I started taking ballet lessons and I wanted to be a prima ballerina (no background roles for me) wow guess not much has changed really hehe I am still a little show pony who wants to travel around in a little green kombi with love heart windows 🙂
side bar – my brother wanted to be a duck when he grew up – gold!
11 random facts you may not know about me – hmmm this could be tough I am a wear your heart on your sleeve type of girl and as discussed earlier today with a friend and I quite often blurt out more than I really should and I am trying hard to remember this and not show all my cards in a business proposal I am currently preparing.
Here goes anyway……
1 I can’t pronounce pumpkin and mirror properly.
2 I first damaged the ligaments in my thumb doing a split catch and return at the Byron bay trapeze school and now I seem to damage it all the time.
3 When i finish all my Pilates training I am going to take up dance classes again – ballet, hip hop and latin american.
4 I am really bad at maths and during maths lessons at school I learnt to raise one eyebrow.
5 I love dress up parties or just going through my mums dress up box with my family just for fun as we end up doing often.
6. Before working in the fitness industry some of my others lives have included studying psychology and HR, working in a tv station and video post production companies, and I also worked in a bar in the uk.
7. I wish more than anything that I could dive but I can’t due to my dodgy ears. Discovering the underwater world will remain in my dreams. When I fly I am almost always in tears from the pain in my ears but I will never stop flying to see the world.
8. I have loved reading and photography from a very young age, I remember receiving my first camera from my parents and I was the happiest little girl on the block.
10. I have this odd theory/delusion you should always leave one thing on your bucket list.
11. There are some people in my life who I have a such a strong special connection with, that I can sense when things are wrong with them without even speaking with them for a while.
I could probably list 111 random facts about me as I am a very random person but alas I shall stop here.
My blog nominees I hope you are all still reading to appreciate these beautiful blogs. I feel the need to say there are so many other amazing blogs out there who I do follow and have not mentioned this does not mean they are not worthy 🙂
11 questions for my nominees are:
1What makes your heart sing ?
2 If you could be anywhere in the world right now where you be?
3 Why did you start blogging?
4 What is your dream job?
5 Who or what insprires you and why?
6 Favourite hobby?
7 Favourite food?
8 How did you spend your day today?
9 My life is rich because? …..
10 2 things you love?
11 How do you relax?